Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"I Will Remember This" Now Available on iTunes!


Several months ago I briefly mentioned in a post about Lady Antebellum, a song that my brother, Patrick Thomas, and Cherie Oakley had just recently written, and as of yesterday the powerful studio version was released for sale on iTunes!

Patrick Thomas met Cherie Oakley on the set of season one The Voice last summer, with Patrick appearing on Blake Shelton’s team and Cherie on Christina Aguilera.  After completion of the show Nashville’s 2011 songwriter of the year, Brett James, offered Patrick a publishing deal with Cornman Music, and Cherie, co-writer of Reba McEntire’s number one hit, “Turn on the Radio,” decided to sit down and write a song together.  This beauty was the result.

The song carries an upbeat and groovy instrumental backing, mixing perfectly with forever lasting memories of a past romance.  One specific line cut through the song and really grabbed a hold of me…

“Seeing you I remember
What I’ve been missing for years.”

I love this line because I think everyone can seriously relate in some way to the message it holds.  So many of us blindly walk though life searching for something that we can never quite put a finger on, and then suddenly one glance can bring a rushing realization.  In this song, it’s former lover, but one’s missing piece can really be anything, we just have to be smart enough to see it when it’s there.

Hit the dance floor or sit and let the lyrics sink in; either way it is an incredible song that you are sure to love! 

Although this is Patrick’s first song of his released on iTunes, don’t expect it to be his last.  Patrick is just getting started and I cannot wait to watch his career grow and explode! 

Click here Cherie Oakley – I Will Remember This (feat. Patrick Thomas) to listen now

Purchase it on iTunes by clicking here, and show your support! 

Here are the lyrics to the song…

Verse 1 (Patrick):
A hometown celebration, a dance under the stars
I see some of my old friends, wondering where you are
Like a prayer being answered, suddenly you appear
Seeing you I remember, what I’ve been missing for year.

Chorus:
Memories surroundin’ me, some just a blur, some clear as day
It won’t be long before this night is gone
But here in this moment I’ll stay
With my hands on your hips, moonlight on your lips
The taste of your kiss, I will remember this.

Verse 2 (Cherie):
That Friday night down in Jackson, at the sunset café
When you first told me you loved me, we planned on running away
We didn’t quite last forever, like we promised we would
But now that we’re here to together, maybe this time we could

Repeat Chorus

Woahhohoh I will remember this
Woahohohh a love I can’t forget
Memories surroundin’ me, some just a blur some clear as day
It won’t be long before this night is gone
And here in this moment I’ll stay
My hands on your hips, the moonlight on your lips
The taste of your kiss, I will remember this
The taste of your kiss, I will remember this.

*Picture taken by Cassie Chapman.

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing song by two great artists !! I've known and loved Cherie for years, and really impressed with Patrick as well. I can see these two making it big !!!

    ReplyDelete